Epic has brought another major update to the Fortnite servers with patch 11.20, which brings back old features and introduces new features. The most important aspect is probably the DirectX 12 support, which Fortnite graphics-wise in the future should lead, because Epic has planned a lot.
What’s new in the patch for the three game modes Battle Royal, Save the World and the creative mode, you will find below in our summary.
The daily tasks return
After the daily challenges have been resolved in the past due to the restructuring of the challenges, they are now returning with Update 11.20.
From now on you can do up to three additional challenges per day, which will then be rewarded with experience points.
As before, you can exchange one challenge per day that you do not like.
Fortnite can now DX 12 on the PC
Previously, Fortnite DirectX 11 was the chosen graphics card interface, but Update 11.20 now supports the latest DirectX 12 (you can enable DX12 in the advanced graphics options).
Above all, this measure is an investment in the future as Epic plans further features supported by DX12 in the future.
Whether Raytracing or Variable Rate Shading is a part of the game is not clear (and not very likely for Fortnite’s comic style), but it lays the foundation for the future.
What brings you DX12 for Fortnite now? First of all, you’ll only benefit noticeably from it if a current high-end graphics card in your PC does its job – as something from the upper league of the Nvidia GTX series or the Radeon RX series.
If this is the case, you can expect a more stable and possibly higher frame rate (FPS), because DX12 allows the distribution of rendering processes to multiple cores.
New items and galleries for creative mode
With Patch 11.20 there are also some changes in the creative mode. These include, for example, two new devices.
The first is called the time goal and is a countdown, so to speak, that you can use for your creations to put the players under time pressure.
The second new device is the card identifier .
This will allow you to set your own locations on your map, indicating their names on both the map and the mini map.
Damage Amplifier (USchaden)
Unreal Tournament celebrates its 20th anniversary and Fortnite is also celebrating.
That’s why Unreal Tournment’s “UDamage” power-up goes into creative mode, so if USchaden is active on a player, you’ll notice it – but it may be too late.
New objects and galleries
With Patch 11.20, 8 new galleries will enter creative mode. This includes:
- Village roofs – gallery (village roofs without snow)
- Snowman – gallery
- Snowman Objects – Gallery
- Slides – Gallery (can be placed on walls)
- Miscellaneous Foliage – Gallery (The previous “Miscellaneous Foliage” gallery has been split into Galleries A and B to counter memory issues.
- Miscellaneous Winterblattwerk – Galerie A
- Miscellaneous Winterblattwerk – Galerie B
- Various autumn leaves – gallery
Innovations in Save the World
Much of Update 11.20 addresses the PvE Save the World mode. Here are the most important innovations.
There is a rumor that there is a prohibited area in Hexsylvania. Supposedly there are new weapons and recruits to discover along the way. Magic Keys, a deep and dark labyrinth, golden coins … sounds like it’s time for an exploration tour!
New Heroes: Swamp Fritters and Swamp Monster Ken
With Patch 11.20, two more heroes join in the selection. more about Stormtrooper Skin For Fortnite here .
The first one hears the name Sumpfritter and has a supernatural gift, which gives him an advantage over the fog monsters.
- Standard Benefit: Supernatural Gift – Increases damage against nebula monsters by up to 42%, based on the percentage of your missing stamina.
- Commander Advantage: Supernatural Gift + – Increases damage against nebula monsters by up to 42% based on the percentage of your missing stamina.
- In addition, a phantasm is summoned with a 45% chance when taking damage (Phantasma targets nearby enemies, causing 62 basic energy damage over a radius of 0.5 tiles, cooldown: 1.5 seconds).
DirectX 12 is now supported
Hero number two is Swamp Monster Ken – a freshwater melee master who can do massive damage to enemies in close combat with his “Out of the Depths” advantage.
- Standard Advantage: From the Depths – Increases melee damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing stamina.
- Commander’s Edge: From the Depths + – Increases melee damage by 44% based on the percentage of your missing stamina.
- In addition, melee elimination with heavy attacks with a 60% chance of summon a phantasm (targets enemies close to them, causing 62 basic energy damage over a radius of 0.5 tiles, cooldown: 1.5 seconds).
Mythical Storm King and Mythical Weapons
The Storm King , who was fought during the Halloween event in 2019, has broken out of his jail again.
Join the fight again and defeat the king of all monsters to receive fabulous mythical weapons.
Among them is the “Hulls Head” or “Lament”, which fires light ammunition in salvos of 9 shots with moderate recoil, causing moderate damage and heavy impact.
The former gives your “Black Metal” weapon set the finishing touch with the blackest of all metal axes, causing moderate damage with heavy impact.
Battle Breakers Crossover
Battle Breakers is now available. Space monsters capture the world’s greatest heroes and the heroes of Save the World join their fight! Complete orders to unlock the world in Battle Breaker’s Save the World content and reward Razor the Blademaster.